Tuesday, September 20, 2005

REPENT

Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand....this is what Jesus and his disciples preached. Seems simple enough, until you dig in and figure out what this whole repent thing is all about. It is not merely admitting sin and it is more than turning from it. In the root for repent is the idea that we abhor or hate the sin so much that we desire to turn from it and head another direction. We don't cling to it, return to it or long for it....repent means we abhor it. Wow, when I look at it that way, it makes we wonder how much sin I have repented from verse how much I am just sorry for. Repentance comes from a godly sorrow over sin-which is so much more than being sorry for my sin. Repentance means I can't tolerate it, I don't like it, I can't stand it, I don't want to be around it, I must get away from it, I don't want to look on it, I HATE IT. I guess this is why Jesus said many will call me Lord and not enter....because most have not repented...we are just sorry. REPENT...for the kingdom of heaven is a hand.ALL FOR YOU

No comments: