Thursday, December 28, 2006

preparing for rain


As of Monday morning, I will be headed to Atlanta to the PASSION Conference. It is going to be an awesome time of worship and feasting on the Word of God. I have counted the days...for me, this is better than Christmas. But not for the reasons most think.
Sure I will enjoy the speakers. I mean who doesn't like Louie, Francis Chan, Beth Moore, John Piper and many others. The music will ROCK and usher us into the presence of God. With worship leaders like Tomlin, Crowder, Hall and Redman...there is bound to be little sprinkle from the Lord.
But me...I am preparing for RAIN...God raining down His glory on us, pushing our faces to the ground, breaking us, ministering to us, healing us and reviving us. For me, it is not about the speakers or the music, but a KNOWING in my heart that GOD will be there and meet us. I am going to be totally spent and undone...simply because my heart will be vested only on Him for 4 days.
Everyday should be like that....but most days I fail. So for me...KNOWING this is going to happen...is better than any gift, any celebration, any sermon or music...just BEING with JESUS...meeting with Him.
It is what church should be like all the time. Sadly, that is not the case. So this will have to hold me for awhile....I am preparing for a downpour from the Lord...and I am not carrying an umbrella. I will turn my face to heaven and be drenched by His majesty and greatness. I will bask in His glory and fall face down as He presses into towards us.
God...help me to bring this back home...and to share it with others.

ALL FOR YOU

No comments: