Tuesday, March 13, 2007

When it RAINS IT POURS


Okay, so I have been praying for rain since about November of last year. And my heart has been set on "spiritual" rain. Begging God to bring change, transformation from religious to intimate relationships. I have been all about getting naked before Him and allowing the fallow ground to be broken up in my life, so I could receive what the Lord has for us.
Well, when you pray for those kinds of things...you had better get ready. For one, the Lord broke up the fallow ground and then He began to rain. In fact, it rained out my eyes for nearly a month. I couldn't stop crying because of being so overwhelmed by what He was doing in me.
And now...I am absolutely blown away by what He is doing for us. He is raining down his benefits upon us. And we DO NOT deserve them. In fact, we don't even NEED them. It isn't as if we have been crying out in desperate need for "things". We have simply been crying out in desperate need for HIM. And the result...we got both!
Last week, the Lord gave us a suburban and boat. Yep, the Lord just plopped it in our laps and blessed our socks off. Jim was so excited. He has a MAN car. And the cool thing is it was such an answer to prayer. I had prayed only the week before that God would give us a car we liked to drive, for free. And then 8 days later...there it was...sitting in our driveway. But, not only a car...a boat! something for us play on with our family. Something to give us refuge. We weren't looking for either of these things. We were simply looking for Him and He gave us more...
If that weren't enough. God gave Jim a Harley last week. NO, we didn't buy one. God gave one to Jim-for free. He has wanted a motorcycle for years. It is the one thing he really enjoys and it helps him clear his mind of the cobwebs. But he has not chased after that dream. And then, out of the blue...we walk into the Harley shop and there is one sitting there with his name on it. God's CHECED(lovingkindess) towards us. We were awed and stunned. I stood there crying on Jim's shoulder as I realized that God's covenant love for us had just been expressed in the desire of his heart.
So, as we are reeling from the after shock of those things. We step back and ask what did we possibly do to deserve any of this? God reminded me...nothing...we don't deserve it. He just loves us. He just wants to lavish Himself on us as we chase after Him.
While sitting in that thought, thinking things could not get better, I take Drew to the orthodontist this morning to have his braces taken off. We had to pay the balance before they would do that. $450...we were having problems pulling that money together. So, when I got there and handed them my check and she wouldn't take it, I was a little baffeled. However, she began to explain that our debt had been paid. She was told to tell me that our church took care of the debt we owed. Which was SO cool. I honestly almost danced right there in the office...well, that is after I picked my jaw up off the floor. The LORD PROVIDED. And my son got to see the greatness of God and His provision. I will write more on that later...but for today...I am living proof that when you pray for rain and are seeking the Kingdom first...all these things ARE added. When it rains, it pours.
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: