Sunday, October 14, 2007

cool moment-WINGS


I think one of the coolest moments for me recently was spent in famiy movie night. Not because I got to watch a movie, cause honestly, most days I think that is a waste of time. But, mainly because of what I learned.
While watching Surf's Up with the fam, I learned that my kids are learning to think. For years, I have been the one making the illustrations from movies, asking questions that provoked thought. For years, I always got the response "aw mom, can't we just enjoy the movie." Like finding life application in stuff was too much work and they wanted to veg and just not think.
Well, that is a problem for me. I don't just NOT think. I am always thinking and processing. It makes other people tired to just be around me.
But last night....well, I didn't make any illustrations or comments. As I sat beside my boys and watched the movie with them...they just began to make comments about how that is like Jesus. Or how that is what God wants. They began to think on their own. It was the coolest thing for me to watch. I didn't have to craft it, guide it, talk about it, ask a question. I watched my boys take off and THINK. They grew wings last night. They started to fly. They began to think like Jesus, using and redeeming the movie for His glory. They began to use everything being said and to filter it through a Biblical world view.
They have a long way to go...but last night...I watched them grow wings and fly. It was a cool moment. The journey ahead promises to be awesome.
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: