Monday, December 10, 2007

tomorrow is not promised


I awoke this morning to a phone call saying that one of the most precious people in my life was in a car accident. Not a good way to start your day. My only peace in those first few moments was knowing that the last words we had spoken had been about the Kingdom and a love shared for one another.
Because of God's grace and a HEDGE of protection, she is fine. But today has been full of thought for me. Beginning with Tomorrow not being promised and ending with let's not WASTE a minute. Sure, life is not promised tomorrow. And that has been pressed in on us today. But I have also been reminded of the grace and provision of people in our lives. We take so much for granted, leave so much unsaid, assume much is given and known. We waste our words and so much time. I am so grateful for second chances, intentional relationships and the promise of journey. I am overwhelmed by the gift of LIFE in people.
The journey that lies ahead is full of ups and downs, but mostly is about the together. And today, I am thankful for another day together and don't want to waste it....but instead to lavish life on PEOPLE. Life IS about Intentional relationships. It is about being intentional with our walk with Christ and with those we walk with. It is about the WHO...not the what or the where. So, my life for theirs...live together or die alone and never forget to take time for PEOPLE. Those people that God has blessed you with... lavish life on them TODAY...for tomorrow is not promised.
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: