Sunday, August 03, 2008

wrecked

The events of recent days have brought me to a place this morning of leaning into the Father, perhaps more than ever. There are two things that happen when you get to that place. You GET to SEE Him very clearly-if you wipe the wax from your eyes and allow Him to give you eyes to see AND you SEE yourself very clearly. Both have become evident to me in the last few days.

First, The Lord reminded me on Wed night while praying of 1 Kings 18. Random scriptures brought to mind are typically a stirring of the Spirit for me, so I immediately went there and was confronted with the story of Elijah. These verses are precious to me…They have been verses that I have clung to over the last months… truths that He is PREVIOUS, PROTECTOR and PROVIDER. Over recent months, God has proven that these are attributes that are not just on pages of Scripture, but truth we can lean on…I had no idea why He took me back there on Wed, but today, I know.

God is Previous. Today…in the midst of yucky circumstances with the wreck…He had gone before. From changing cars, although I WISH it had been mine that was wrecked, we might have all been injured had that been the case, to David fixing the lights on the trailer. The Lord spoke this morning and said He is our rear guard. And I am quite confident that the lights in the rear were a guard against further injury or damage. Even to the messages we heard about storms and Jesus being in the boat. He was previous in writing truth on our heart and the hearts of kids.

God is Protector. While my heart wishes that he had protected the car from damage, we can not deny that He protected ALL of us….keeping the other vans from wrecking in circumstances that we still aren’t sure how that kept from happening. And that we all walked away without injury from the wreck…and not just us…but others too. Not to mention that He held off the rain and protected us from the storm while we awaited the tow truck.

God is also our Provider. And though circumstances seem rough in the repair and management of the car, I was reminded by the Father that He has already shown up big in being Previous and Protector, that we can trust Him in the Provision as well. He provided the car the first time and He is already at work to grant provision again. And so I will pray that He provides…

From beginning to end…in His Previousness to the Provision…we can see God if we will look up instead of looking at the circumstance.

This is where I failed yesterday. Instead of immediately being thankful and grateful for His previousness and Protection…and trusting His provision, I merely was aggravated with what happened. But for some reason there was a lesson we/I needed to learn. Part of that lesson began with seeing God and not the circumstance. And that lesson led to seeing my own sin. My heart was not quick to be thank God for His protection or that He had been previous…but instead was frustrated. I was not quick to see where He was at work. And while I was sat in a car, the kids that were with us leaned into the Father. The kids led….

I was frustrated with the circumstance, but the kids circled up and prayed….something I did not do. They went from van to van and blessed the Father. They then began to talk of the sermon from the night before about Jesus being in the storm… and in the boat with His disciples and how Jesus had been with us. They immediately ran for truth and practiced what they had heard. I was so proud of them. Glory was given immediately and the Father was pleased. They had a life lesson….and passed.

Me, it wasn’t until this morning when I heard the Father say….you have yet to thank me…that I humbled my heart and got past my own pride and got facedown in the shower to thank Him. There was a list…a long list of things to be thankful for. The Lord-even in my sin-was still busy providing and proving His love. And I was humbled once again at His great heart to move us towards Him.

ALL FOR YOU

No comments: