Monday, November 17, 2008

What are we doing with what we know?
About a year ago, my friend challenged me with that thought. Christy...you know a lot of stuff...how much of it is real, living, active? How much of it is just words? How much are you walking out?
At first I thought...I LIVE it. But then I began to evaluate my heart. I began to see that I thought I lived it, but I didn't. I began to see that there was a whole other thought to living this Christian walk...not just knowing the Word, but living it. Not just quoting it, but trusting it.
And not just the easy parts. So I chose to start reading to APPLY instead of reading to know. Studying to live instead of studying to teach.
And while I live far less than I know...as I have tried to apply, even a few things, it has radically wrecked my world, but revolutionized my walk with Christ. And for the first time...I can say-the surpassing value of KNOWING Christ is different than just knowing Scripture...it is alive and living.
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: