Thursday, June 02, 2005

the blame game

from the beginning of time....it has been all about the blame game. Adam didn't want to own his sin so he blamed Eve. Eve didn't want to own her sin so she blamed the serpent. And so, I guess we should not be surprised that even today people have a hard time owning their sin. There is something in all of us that wants to blame something or someone else for the predicament we are in. I hate the blame game. The Lord has been teaching me to own my sin...if I do it...just confess it and He is quick to forgive. But when we pass the buck, blame others, justify, point fingers...i truly wonder how much confessing and forgiveness is found in that.
Ironically, we play the blame game and Jesus just takes it. He came and took all of our sin and the blame for it so that we can stand in His righteousness. Not a bad deal for us....but still no reason to play the game.
Own your sin!
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: