Tuesday, April 04, 2006

THIRSTY


When you are ready for a drink, there is no other way to describe it but THIRSTY. Sometimes being thirsty is great. Because it is when you are thirsty and you get that long, cool, refreshing drink that you realize just how thirsty you were and how to have that thirst quenched. It is in the long, hard drink that you realize that you have been missing the nourishment that you need. Even if for a short time.
We all need times of refreshing, time to get away, get some down time and take a long drink from the fountain. Especially if you have been burning it off faster than you take it in.
Recently, I found my soul was thirsty. I have been burning it at both ends and I needed some time to just taste, see, drink and have my soul satisfied by the only one who can...the Living Water. I took a long, cool, refreshing, revitalizing drink from the fountain and realized-just how THIRSTY I was. It was so renewing to have my soul nourished and revived after much output. It was awesome to sit in the presence of the Holy God and to worship, listen and respond-to drink deeply and to be filled.
It is not as if I don't drink on a regular basis, but it is nice to just step aside and refuel for the journey ahead. It isn't until you step off that you realize just how thirsty you are!
Maybe you are thirsty too....maybe you are longing for that drink. It is offered to all, available to everyone, but it is our choice to drink...all we have to do is come to the water all who thirst...and be filled.
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: