Tuesday, April 15, 2008

american idol

Last week on American Idol, the contestants closed out the show by singing "Shout to the Lord". The words to the song are strong and have been used to stir the heart of the church for years. However, I was somewhat disappointed, when they changed the words at the beginning of the song from MY JESUS, to My Shepherd, omitting Jesus' name from the song. Aggravated that they did that to Jesus name, I was a little disheartened. However, on the following night, they again performed the song, only this time to say Jesus' name. Idol redeemed itself.
I was thinking about how funny it is to know that even the IDOLS Shout to the Lord. The AMERICAN IDOL sang His praise and made His name known. It so affirms what the Word says in Rom 14:11, "For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall give praise to God." God is very specific in Isa 42:8 to say "I am the LORD, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, nor My praise to graven images."
There is coming a day "that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." It is GOING to happen. We can either choose to bend our knees or have them broken, but we WILL worship Him-HIS WAY. It makes me laugh to know that American Idol got to shout to the Lord...but so few of those who wear His name really do that. Maybe, we ought not let Idol out do those who are truly following Him. ALL FOR YOU

No comments: