Friday, April 04, 2008


When you come in the back door of my house, entering into my kitchen...there are words that you can't help but see. I LOVE words...used to edify, they have the power of life in them. Jesus is the ultimate picture of WORDS...becoming life and dwelling among us.
Years ago, I read a book that talked about Sanctuary being a place where you are cleansed, where you come higher, further and closer to the Father. Those words are etched into my soul. And so, above my back door are words that read "Welcome to Sanctuary".
I want my home to be a Sanctuary...the place His glory dwells, where people may come and be cleansed, drawing higher, further and closer to the Father. I want it to be a Refuge, a shelter....a Tabernacle, a Tent, a Temple, a House that is His.
But today....those words are more precious than ever....I want those words to be true not only of a church or my house, but my life. To be a place, a life, where covenant has caused multiplication and where He dwells...where nations will know that He is the Lord because my life has been set apart and where He abides in my midst. I don't want Sanctuary to be a place...so much as it is about who I am...a Sanctuary because of His mark on me. ALL FOR YOU

No comments: