Tuesday, March 17, 2009


I never want it to appear as thought I worship the words or the life of my Memom. However, I do know that I could follow her footsteps all the way to Jesus and so when I sit to read her journal; there are days when the Lord uses her words to pierce my soul. Today, was one of those day.
Jan 7 echoes in my soul;
I always want to give you thanks EVERY morning for EVERY blessing you give me. Lord, I WANT to do YOUR WILL in ALL that I do. Help me to put FEET to my prayers.

She was in such pain and struggling so. She was discouraged and wanting answers-for at this point had not yet been diagnosed. And yet, her prayer was EVERY morning, EVERY blessing. Eph 1 reminds us that we have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies. She understood this. And wanted to embrace the blessing of life-even suffering-doing HIS will in All. Certainly there were days that she asked for “this cup to pass” from her. For healing and deliverance. But in the end, she wanted His Will and she wanted that in ALL-even death. What a picture of Christ. And then as if knowing the difficulty that lied ahead….help me…to put feet to my heart. Her heart belonged to another. But she knew her flesh would be weak and she would need HIM to enable her to live out what her heart longed for.

I may not have cancer (today), but what an example of how to live and die for Christ. Do we long to live the will of God in all things-and then beg Him to help us to do it?
Perhaps our prayer today is much like hers…I want to do your Will in all things…help me put feet to my prayers.
Embrace the cross…
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: