Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Been spending time thinking about Jesus...no, I don't mean Jesus...like yeah, I know Him, I mean like the kind of thinking that goes on when you are obsessed, possessed, in love, can't stop thinking about, dying to be with and see kind of thinking.
Honestly, the last couple of days have found me kind of drifting. Not really DOING or thinking about anything. Many would tell me we all need the down time and I am good with down time when it sends me to rest in His embrace, listen to His Words or relish His Presence, but I am not okay with veging on a couch or just doing nothing-wasting time or whatever.
I think that there are times when we miss Him simply because we don't want to see Him. We are tired of Him. We need a break. It has been too much. Can you believe I am saying this? It should not be. And He lets us...so that we will miss Him and want to come back...to the place where we find him waiting.
So been thinking about Jesus. I think we take Him for granted. I think I take Him for granted. Instead of being totally obsessed with Him, we just love Him and leave Him. Thinking He will be there when we get ready to come back. Even if it isn't some dire sin we walk into, isn't it worse that we can just choose to spend time elsewhere and not even realize we miss Him til we are already away. I want my heart to miss Him the minute we are apart so I will come back running. I want to be so possessed by Him that I can't be away a minute before my heart feels estranged and alone, wanting Him...
That is the Love i want with My Jesus...
so today, Jesus, take me, possess me, obsess me and captivate me with You...so that no drifting is possible...I don't want to miss...cause I want us always to be together.
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: