Friday, December 18, 2009

people

I was driving through town today when I realized I was getting irritated. I wasn’t in a hurry to get to where I was going, nor was I on a time schedule, but I was not able to get to where I wanted, at the rate of speed I wanted. I was behind every slow driver, caught every red light and there was a line at every intersection. There was no reason to be irritated, but I was. I thought to myself….
“I wish these people would get out of my way. I could get to where I wanted to be so much quicker, if it weren’t for these people.”
That is when that voice that I know to be God boomed inside my head. You know the One that puts things in perspective and makes you realize just how wicked you are. Yes, that’s the voice. The One that speaks to your soul and causes you to realize how selfish you are.
And what did that voice say? “Christy, why are you always so interested in your destination. I am more interested in the people seeing Jesus in you along the way, not that you arrive at where you are going. Your destination is already determined, but you are to affect the people in your path. So, slow down…life is about people seeing you love me more than all, not getting to the end.”
It was then I realized the whole point for my outing was about people. Where I was going, what I was doing was about people. And it was in that moment, I turned the radio up and had a little Jesus party in my car. I didn’t need to run over anyone to get there. I just needed to go where He told me to go and be where He told me to be and not let people deter me on the way or get me frustrated. For it is in going where I am supposed to go and being where I am supposed to be and in not letting life or people deter that…that the world, the people around me see an unfathomable love for Jesus and He gets a ton of glory for that. So sometimes, He allows others to stand between me and my goal, simply so that they can see a life not deterred by them in getting to my destination. I am GOING and won’t be stopped. But instead of being frustrated by those in my way…perhaps a little party going on instead… so they see the passion with which I love my Jesus and want to know why and what makes that happen. It is because I KNOW THE LOVE OF CHRIST and the surpassing value of HIM over all things.

Eph 3:19-21
19 and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fulness of God.

ALL FOR YOU

No comments: