Friday, December 18, 2009

survivor

I was watching Survivor last night, which is a rare thing. One, because I seldom watch TV, but two because I haven’t kept up with Survivor and am usually not interested in stepping into something in the middle. But last night, I just sat down beside my man for a few and watched and listened. I was actually eating a yummy apple fritter, so I was really more interested in the down time to enjoy that than the show, but something caught my attention. It was the fact that one of the players was quoting from memory passages of Scripture from Ephesians. I heard God’s Word coming through loud and clear and my ears perked up. A believer in the game of survivor. Oddly enough, he has seen favor as he continues to win immunity, play with integrity and has advanced. Everyone knows he is a threat and everyone sees that he has the potential to win-so they want to take him out. Not because he is bad, doing something wrong, but simply because he will keep them from what they want.
Isn’t that how we view life? We are playing Survivor, thinking we have to outwit and outlast, instead of realizing the whole game is about relationship. And not with the ones you think. We are working so hard to develop a network of people that we think we need in order to be able to get to what we want to win and totally forget that it is all about the ONE who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond what we can think or ask. Oh, we add Him to the game, but we play to outwit and outlast, instead of building the relationship that brings Victory.
We might survive playing the game of life, but I would prefer to be Victorious in the end. Not outwitting or out lasting, but being given immunity and deliverance, victory and redemption in the end. Not interested in a jury of my peers giving me a reward, but in the everlasting reward of the ONE who grants success to those who choose to walk in love with Him. I might not get the affirmation, the million dollars or the reward of being a survivor, but I will achieve the crown of life and be granted to sit on the throne with My Jesus because I didn’t play a game, but was instead a Victor linked to the King.
Many of us are Believers playing the game of survivor, instead of Believers that are walking victorious. Will you spend your days trying to outwit and outlast or walk knowing you have overcome the world and there is no reason to play the game? You have already won! Are you trying to take others out so that you can move ahead in the game?

I Jn 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world-- our faith.

Which are you playing?
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: