Thursday, February 10, 2011

reset

I was cooking meatballs in my crockpot for dinner. I just love the crockpot. It makes for easy cooking when you have to work and need to get something for dinner together for the family. So, I put the meatballs in the crockpot and turned the power to low. About an hour and half later, I came back to check on them only to find that they were still uncooked. I began to investigate and I realized that there was no power getting to the crockpot. Somehow the test button had gotten pushed on the plug and the power was not getting to the meatballs. I hit the reset button and the power came right on. But now, my dinner was going to be late because I had no power because of the test.
Sometimes I feel like my meatballs. A test comes and it seems like I have no power and what I need to get done, doesn’t get done. Or I find myself frustrated at the lack of power. However, I am realizing that sometimes the answer is as simple as a reset button. The power is readily available, the test is in play, all I need is to reset and go.
For me, the reset often looks like a change in perspective, but most of the time it consists of me allowing my heart to sync up to the power source itself instead of just plugging in and going-without ever checking to see if the power is actually flowing. This means taking the time to reset. Taking the time to adjust my lens, adjust my heart and letting the power of God within do the job. I have all I need readily available in the test, I just have to reset so that I don’t try in my flesh or assume all is well, but instead lean into HIS power for the accomplishing of all things.
Perhaps you are like me and in need of a reset. Sometimes that takes getting still. Other times it means a friend holding you accountable or asking the right questions to hit the right “button” to make the power come on. Whatever it is, in the test, the meatballs never get done if you don’t reset.
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: