Saturday, June 17, 2006

boot camp


I have spent the last three days at boot camp in Chattanooga Tenessee. We have had a great time and have been so excited about what we have seen from the kids. It has been amazing to see that these kids CAN and WILL spend 6 hours in the Word of God everyday. We have had amazing discussions with 15 year old kids about predestination, God's choosing and God's Glory. But we have also had great conversations about what kind of music we should listen to. It is amazing when you hear a student say that I don't think my music measures up to God's glory so I need to go through my music and get rid of some stuff. The power the Word of God has to change hearts....is amazing. It conforms you to the image of Christ.
I have been reminded in the last few days that we so short sell our kids...thinking they can't or won't...and then we are frustrated when they don't "act" like they should. But the Word is what brings change. It pierces the heart, divides joint and marrow.
For me....it was just a fresh reminder that of how important personally and corporately it is for us to be in the Word everyday...so that we are more and more conformed to HIS image. Otherwise....we are just religious people. NOT GOOD.
So...Word UP! and then lead others in the way!

ALL FOR YOU

No comments: