Friday, June 30, 2006

dying or dead?


this week we have had 6 straight nights of Vacation Bible School. I also sang at an FCA camp and it was Jim's bday. Now, I have a cold. (done whining...sorry!)
But inspite of it being a long week, I have been reminded that transformation is the process by which we are all BEING conformed into the IMAGE of God. That process is proof of our salvation. And that process is hard. For in order for transformation to happen, we must all die first, so that we can be raised to a new life, transformed by the power of the Spirit and His Word. Rennovated...and renewed.
I have been amazed as I have sensed from the Father, His desire to bring me further and closer. But I am also very aware of what that means in terms of warfare and attack. However, as I challenged the youth last night, proof of the process is when we know that we are dying for Jesus....just as He died for us.
Dying for Him, daily-taking up the cross and following after Him.
Dying for Him, in the flesh, so that the life that I now lead is Christ in Me-the only hope of glory.
Dying for Him, to transform and transfer me from what I was formerly into the reflection of His glory.
Dying for Him, willing to stand til the end for His truth.
Dying....
Isn't it funny how life....is found in dying?
I guess the real question of salvation is are you dying....are you dead, yet? For if you have died, then your life is hidden in Christ.

ALL FOR YOU

No comments: