Sunday, September 24, 2006

birthdays


Today was my birthday. Because it wasn't a "big" one, I wasn't all that stressed about it, upset about it or excited about it. It was just a day, that marked the beginning of life for me.
My life has been full of beginnings, firsts and markers of remembrance. Today was not necessarily memorable. We went to church. We went to baseball. We had some meetings. I argued with my husband. Had dinner with my best friend. Received some nice cards. Drove through the drive thru for lunch. It is not a "marker" kind of day. It was just a day.
Until tonight, when someone stopped me and asked what was different about today from this time last year. I thought for a minute about my house, then my weight-neither are marked differences from last year. I thought about the ministry, my children, my husband. And though there is significant change in all of those things, I was not happy with that answer either.
What is different about me this year-from last year. ME...not the stuff in my life...but ME. Wow...that made it easy. I love Jesus more today than I did a year ago. I am striving after Kingdom life more today than a year ago. My heart is sold out, chasing after a relationship with Jesus-more so than a year ago. The answer....is summed up in Jesus. More of HIM, less of me.
So, how will I remember this birthday? pleasant well wishes, fights, distractions, activities, business, gifts, laughter, smiles...have all marked my day-making it nothing special. But today-I was reminded that change has happened in me this year and that makes this year a GOD one, a good one. May I continue to grow up in all aspects of HIM.


ALL FOR YOU

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! May you continue to grow in Him and share Him with the rest of us as we watch you glow in His presence!

Happy Belated Bday!
Gena, Kristina, Micah and Miguel