Friday, October 07, 2005

bulletproof

I have come to believe that in order to fully be transformed, you must become transparent. Why? Because when we are not transparent, we are hiding-from someone, something. But transparency is hard. It seems everytime you lay it out there and be honest, vulnerable and open someone takes a shot at you. Taking a hit-hurts. It doesn't take long before we start to withdraw and choose not to be transparent because we are not bulletproof. Those who are transparent seem to have targets on them and people just aim and shoot. A free for all.
And yet, I am still convinced that to be fully transformed, you must become transparent. Which means I have to be willing to take the hit. I can't hide my sin, my struggle or my shortcomings. I can't run from my mistakes, my frustrations or my emotions. I must be real....I can't wear a mask and fake it and expect God to transform me. God wants real, honest, transparent people.
So how do I get to the point that I am willing to do that-after being hurt so many times. You realize it is not about you...it is all about Him-and He is bulletproof. ALL FOR YOU

No comments: