Friday, October 28, 2005

HOT NOW

Yesterday, we were out of town for the day and stopped at a Krispy Kreme Donut place. The Hot Now sign was on...which means temptation. When they are hot, they just melt in your mouth-you don't even have to chew. Jim enjoyed SEVERAL-suggesting that because they are hot, there is not as much of them because they just melt away in your mouth. I kept telling him he was going to be sick if he kept eating them, but he couldn't say no-HOT NOW was just too good to refuse.
I have been studying lately from Matthew 5, where we are told that we are salt and light. Salt is a flavoring...something that makes something taste better. If we are to be salt, then we are God's flavor to the world of what He looks and tastes like. I have often been convicted of being a BAD taste in people's mouth and have grieved that who I am has caused people to walk away from the Kingdom. And yet, I am also challenged by the idea of being HOT NOW-a flavor that melts in your mouth, that you just can't refuse because it is soooo good. I think this might be what Jesus was referring to. That we are to be His flavoring to the world-what does that look like...?a HOT NOW sign-that just can't be refused because the flavor is so awesome. I realize that for many, I have not been much of a HOT NOW sign, but that is changing in me everyday. I want to be a HOT NOW sign 24/7 so that the world can taste and see that the Lord is good! ALL FOR YOU

No comments: