Monday, October 31, 2005

Costumes

It is halloween and everyone is in costume, pretending to be something they are not. Most of it is for fun and kids seem to love it. I am just wondering how this is different from any other day. It seems to me that we spend our days pretending to be something we are not, instead of embracing the fact that we are NOT and HE IS. I don't want to live my life wearing a mask, in costume-even if it is for fun. I want to be REAL. I don't want to pretend, play dress up or play a role. What if we could all just be who God created us to be-a reflection of Him. I am tired of playing make believe-I am ready for the real thing. Wonder if we could all take off the costumes, stop pretending and start being the REAL deal 24/7...instead of pretending that it is halloween all year long-after all-halloween is not even a day that honors the Lord! ALL FOR YOU

No comments: