Monday, November 07, 2005

bad smells and fans

Why is it that a lot of my lessons come from times in the bathroom? I don't know...either. Yesterday, Micah was in the bathroom doing his business-if you know what I mean. For a little kid, he sure can stink it up. So, I walked into the bathroom and turned on the fan. He immediately let me know that he did not want the fan on. He told me to leave, so I would not smell the stink. I explained that the fan would remove the stink, but he refused the assistance.
It got me thinking, what kind of person wants to sit in his own stink? (other than Men...lol) And then I was reminded of the fact that there are many of us who refuse the assistance of the Father to remove the stinch of sin in our lives. Instead, we would rather sit in our own sin/stench instead of allowing the Father to remove it.
I realized later that Micah is afraid of the fan-I guess the sound it makes frightens him. Again, it made me step back and question how many of us are afraid of the process that is required to remove the sin from our lives and therefore we would choose to remain in it.
Don't be a 3 year old....don't sit in your sin or your stench...allow the Father to help you deal-there is nothing to be afraid of. Your aroma will be better afterwards. Until then, the everyone around will know what you are sitting in!
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: