Tuesday, November 22, 2005

awakenings

God is awakening things in my heart. The truths He is opening my heart to excite me as I see Him at work in me....but I am grieved as well, both for my own sin and for what I see around me. I am truly praying for a great awakening. I was asking the Lord today to awaken the slumbering church...His body....to sin, to His presence...and to repentance.
For years, I have tried to act more religious than I am....to say the right things, to play the role of ministers wife. But my heart is being awakened to the fact that God does not want me to look religious to look good or to wear that religious mask. He is not happy with the civilized Christianity that our society likes to see. He is awakening my soul to a whole new kind of walk. I have my ear to heaven and am hearing more clearly than ever. I am tired of the religious and those who pretend...i just want to see some REAL Christians...chasing Him...and I want to be one of them! I don't want to see religious people who go to church, but people who are sold out, in love, passionate, intimate and journeying with God-on good AND bad days. I want to be that person and have laid down the mask of religion and am choosing to chase, to listen, to journey and to press in so that I may know HIM.
The greatest awakenings were birthed in prayer...I want to be stirred to the point of change....and have my heart awakened from the slumber. I am so burdened over the many who see truth, but are choosing not to walk in it because of what they might lose or what it might require of them here on earth. Choices....determine our future.
This Thanksgiving, I am grateful for a new home, church, family and friends...but, I am most grateful that the Lord is "undoing" me....I want to be undone...and to see Him clearly. I am most thankful that as more of me dies, more of Him lives in me. And I am crying out for more...an undoing, an awakening and a stirring of our hearts to lay aside religion and become a bride ready for the bridegroom, a follower that listens to the leader, a slave that serves the master and a son that longs to obey and love the Father. AWAKEN ME!
ALL FOR YOU

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi
long time din see u~~~quite miss you~~
hows life there?
today is my birthday~~~hehe~~
just want to imform you that a sis that come from malaysia-----me!!is turn into 16,today!!
hurray!!!

God bless~~