Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Live or Die


While at Passion last week, my heart was awakened and stirred by the Lord. We all need times of refreshing, where HIS presence brings to life truth inside of us. I stood in the arena, filled with other believers, worshipping with all that I had within me. Tears were streaming down my face, my shoulders ached because I could not make myself put my arms down. I was like a child, wanting to be held by my daddy, arms outstretched and crying for Him to hold me. And Hold me He did. I laid my head on His chest and wept, while proclaiming that He is my life and that I would gladly die for Him and His glory.
We often think of death as the worst thing and so I was trying to say that I would do the very worst of things, endure the hardest of things for HIM.
In that moment, I heard HIM speak clearly to MY heart saying, "I would rather that you live for me...for that is harder! I have already done the dying."
It was a moment of revelation for me. Christ died for me. And I would gladly die for my Lord. Although we think that is the worst thing-to die for Him....He was very plain with me. Dying meant I would be with Him and that isn't the worst thing, but the very best of things. The harder thing to do, the thing in which He gets even more glory is to live for Him in this perverse and wicked generation, harassed, troubled, suffering and struggling.
Yes, He has called many to die for HIM...and I am not minimizing their sacrifice. But, His question to me was not would I die....He knew I would do that....but would I live for His glory everyday?
Rom 14:8 for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
Isa 26:8 YES LORD!
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: