Friday, January 27, 2006

Own NOTHING


I was just sitting at my computer when a message pops up from AIM. It says, "own nothing, have everything." I think it was advertising downloads, but it hit my heart as a message from the Lord.
Paul said in Phil 3:7-16 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish in order that I may gain Christ,and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from {the} Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which {comes} from God on the basis of faith, that I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;

Wow...I love that thought....I own nothing. It is all loss in view of knowing Christ. And yet I have everything, because in Christ I have all things.

In a day when we are challenged by the idea to own everything and have everything, God is calling out a people who will own nothing and still have everything-because we have a view to eternity.
It's all for YOU!
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: