Tuesday, January 16, 2007

stiff neck


Been thinking a lot about stiff necks these days. Why? because mine is! In more ways than one.
I have an injury that keeps me uncomfortable. But since Christmas, the pain has increased and I simply can't hardly stand it. The bulging discs, bone spurs and muscle spams-along with the just plain tensing of the muscles is just about all I can take. All that, adds to the stiff neck, because the muscles clamp down and won't let me move...so I don't. The stiff neck keeps me from doing what I should and from the mobility I need to have.
So, I am seeing a dr to help with that problem. I go 3 times a week and he "snaps" my neck, trying to put things back in joint, but also to loosen up the muscles and the stiffness.
But that is not my only problem. My heart is a little stiff necked too.
Acts 7:51 says "You men who are stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears are always resisting the Holy Spirit; you are doing just as your fathers did."
Prov 29:1 says A man who hardens {his} neck after much reproof Will suddenly be broken beyond remedy.
So, I am seeing to it that my neck is not the only thing that is getting snapped back into place, but my heart as well. I don't want it broken...which is what the Lord promises if I continue to stiffen my neck to HIS desires.
The choice is mine...the choice is yours.
Stiff necked, unrepentant and stubborn, resisting the Holy Spirit and eventually broken....or we can do whatever we have to do to make sure that our necks/hearts don't become like this...but are pliable in the hands our our MAKER.

ALL FOR YOU

1 comment:

CHIC-HANDSOME said...

good year