Tuesday, January 09, 2007

When did we get over the CROSS


I guess it happened sometime, but I don't really know when. Someone, somewhere decided church should be a civilized activity. I understand the reasoning-reverence and all that. But I am really struggling with the whole idea of just being tame, being civilized, being respectable....being...casual.
I mean, when did we decide that we could think on what Christ did for us, what God gave for us and be like....um...cool. When did we stop screaming at the top of our lungs, rejoicing and sharing that with all we know? When did we become so ungrateful that we stopped talking about the Cross and Jesus? When did we start belittling Him and making much of everything else? When did we...when did I...get over the cross?
In recent days, I have discovered something....I didn't. And that is why I am so weird. I didn't get over the cross. I didn't forget. And it is why I am a burr in the saddle for so many...who would like to be casual. How can you be casual about the cross.
We need to stop and think....when did we get over the cross...and just started chasing the American Dream? When did we decide that it was more important to find our missing cell phone? When did we forget what was done for us?


ALL FOR YOU

No comments: