Friday, January 05, 2007

what have you read in redbook lately


Last Sunday, several of us went to see WE ARE MARSHALL. It is a pretty good flick (more language than I like) and the message is a tear jerker. I walked away with a couple of thoughts that have pricked my mind.
1. The way you play today is how you will be remembered. This is sooo true. What you do today will mark your legacy and who you will be. We must make everyday count for the Kingdom, for the glory. There are no off games, not downs we can loaf on. We MUST be ALL IN for His name and renown are at stake.
2. Rise from the ashes and grab glory. Wow, what a cool thought that God turns ashes into beauty, that He takes our death and gives life. That out of the ashes of our lives, He can receive glory. But it takes us dying...it takes us getting to the ashes, before we will ever see glory.
3. What have you read in redbook lately. No, I am not talking about the magazine. I am actually talking about the book with the red letters in it...you know Jesus' words outlined in red. What have you read...what has Jesus said to you lately from the pages of Scripture. I am awed at how few people even spend time in the gospels any more... and miss out on what Jesus has to say.
I don't think I will stand and scream WE ARE MARSHALL... but I might be found screaming...WE ARE YOURS.
so play today like you want to be remembered
die that you might rise out of the ash to give Him glory
and spend time reading the red book
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: