Friday, August 18, 2006

Anniversary


Today is my 16th wedding anniversary. It is a GOOD day. My husband brought home a dozen roses, a card and a promise of a night out....and a night in....lol! God has blessed us with a Covenant Love...it is a good thing, a God thing.
As I thought about our love and the celebration of it, I have been amazed by the journey we have been on and look forward to the journey ahead. I am mesmorized by the idea that through 16 years, good and bad-the passion has not faded, but only increased through the bonds of intimacy. Intimacy is key-not passion. For from intimacy comes passion.
The same is true for our walks with Christ. The longer we walk, the passion should not fade away. In fact, it should be more intense as the intimacy grows deeper. It make look different...more focused, more intentional, but it is strong and vibrant none the less.
Just like marriage, our passion and our intimacy for one another has got to be priority, that which we work on and are intentional about-so that our love does not fade away. I am thankful for a husband who understands that...and for a FATHER who explains it to us...so we can have good relationships!
Time to freshen up...I have plans....
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: