Monday, August 14, 2006

Revolt


Revolts bring about revolutionaries. From revolutionaries come change. Jesus could be described as a revolutionary. Which caused me to pause and wonder what He would revolt against. Sin would be the normal answer, but I am not totally sure that is what His revolt was all about.
Although He came to redeem us from sin, as I read the gospels I am challenged by the thought that Jesus revolted against religion. In fact, He was down right defiant against it. He antagonized the religious. He was in their face. His very teachings stood in the face of what they stood for and taught.
I am wondering if Jesus walked the earth today, if the revolt would be the same. I can't help but hear Him say a resounding yes. A revolt against religious. He is simply looking for people whose hearts are fully His, fully seeking Him, full on, full throttle.
I wonder if Paul walked through our town if He would see our places of worship and think we worship an 'unnamed god' instead of the One who created it all.
I am thinking....Revolution is needed. We need a revolutionary-Jesus, to lead the way. He did...He revolted against religion and was defiant against hypocrites. If He is in us...Shouldn't His cause be ours?
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: