Wednesday, August 30, 2006

consumed


I have spent recent days in much thought about being IN love with Jesus. Not just loving Him, but being IN LOVE with HIM. Being in love means that you can't wait to be together, can't stand to be apart. That you enjoy being together and look forward to that time. It is intense. It is intimate, passionate and consuming. Consuming....that is a word. When you are IN LOVE and in COVENANT, you consumate that relationship. The act of two becoming one flesh consumates the covenant. It is the act of being consumed with another and by another.
I am only beginning to understand that Christ IN me is the hope of glory. That it is no longer I who lives, but Christ IN me. Being IN love with Jesus, means being IN Him. Being IN Him, means being consumed by Him and with Him. It is the act of 2 becoming one. It is not Christ and me, but Christ IN me.
I think many of us love Jesus, but most of us are not IN love with Jesus. We have not given ourselves to Him. We have not been consumed with Him. I want to love Jesus, but I also want to be IN love with HIM. I want to not be able to wait to spend time together, hate being apart, constantly calling upon Him. I want to so enjoy our time together that nothing else on earth could bring such pleasure. I want it to be intense, overwhelming, intimate, passionate and CONSUMING. All of Him and None of me...nothing else.

ALL FOR YOU

No comments: