Tuesday, August 01, 2006

is it written on your face?


Have you ever met someone that can't hide their expressions, passions, feelings and emotions because no matter how hard they try-it is written all over their face? I am one of those kinds of people. Somedays that is good, somedays...not so good. My passions, my frustrations, my love, my zeal, my disappointments are all written all over my face. I am a what you see is what you get kind of person.
Although I am sure that there are many who would like me to hold it in, pretend, conform and control that about myself, I am not sure it is something I want to change. Because the very thing that gets me in trouble sometimes is also the thing that makes me long to live out loud, reflect His glory and be passionately ALIVE for the Lord Jesus Christ.
I want to be as MOSES...who sat in the presence of God and as a result had the glory of God written all over his face. In fact, He shined so brightly that the people had him place a veil over his face because the glow was so strong that they were afraid. Moses' face was a light beam of the glory of God, unable to hide the presence of God and the power of God in His life. It was written all over his face.
Could it be that I could SO get in the presence of God that His glory could illuminate me and make me the reflection of His glory...beaming out my eyes and written on my face? Oh yes...that is my prayer. Make me a mirror of YOU!

So I am thinking about these things...and while at camp, my son gave me a perfect reminder of what that might look like. He was on the RED team at camp and so jealous for the world to know what team he was on that it was written all over his face. Although, I don't recommend you using your face as a coloring book, I am thinking that the principle is the same-may the passion for our team be so strong that it is written all over our faces!

ALL FOR YOU

No comments: