Tuesday, January 26, 2010

passion

How do we make glorifying Jesus the passion, the desire of our souls?
Can life really have purpose? Can work, play, relationships, eating and ministry all flow out of ONE PASSION? You see, when you come to the place where you are not satisfied and you realize that you can be satisfied…and you realize that satisfaction comes only in delighting in God, His renown an HIs glory…you come to the place where you find a single passion for your life.
1 Cor 2:2 says "I am determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and HIM crucified."
Why would Paul say such a thing? Because he found the answer. He realized that the only way to be satisfied was to do what he was created to do-bring glory to God. And that is done by delighting in Him and knowing Him more. God wants us to see our lives with a single focus and for the cross of Christ to be that focus..to know Christ and HIM crucified.
What is your passion? What is it that you eat and sleep for? Maybe it is sports, music, education, movies, a relationship. But you will never be satisfied by those passions. God wants you to know that the only way you will be satisfied is by making HIM your passion, which is how HE is most glorified.
Phil 3 says it this way:
"Yes, all the things I once thought were so important are gone from my life. Compared to the high privilege of knowing Christ as my master, firsthand, everything I once thought I had going for me is insignificant-dog poo. I've dumped it all in the trash so that I could embrace Christ and be embraced by Him. I didn't want some petty, inferior brand of righteousness that comes from keeping a list of rules when I could get the robust kind that comes from trusting Christ. I gave up all the inferior stuff so I could KNOW Christ personally, experience His resurrection power and be a partner in His suffering and go all the way with Him to death itself. If there was any way to get in on the resurrection from the dead, I wanted to do it.
This is the picture of a man whose passion is Christ and Him crucified.
What is the ONE PASSION of your life that makes everything else look like dog poo in comparison? If it is not Christ, then your passion is not God's passion. Knowing Him must be the single most driving force in our lives.
Some of you don't know Him. Some know OF Him. Some know ABOUT Him. Some think you know Him…but if you knew Him…truly, you would be passionate about Him, for KNOWING breeds passion.
John 16:3 These things they will do (making those who live like this feel as outcasts in the church) because they have not known the Father, or me….Jesus.
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: