Friday, January 22, 2010

wasted words

This week I was doing some writing on my new book. I need to finish the last chapter, so I can do some editing. I had worked for several hours and closed up for the day. Later, when I went back to re-open the file to read what I had written, I couldn’t find the words anywhere. The file was there. It opened, but I guess in my haste to close down, I had not saved my work. I was so disappointed. All that work and none of the words saved. Don’t you just HATE THAT?
I got to thinking about what the Lord might be trying to teach me through all of that and came to the conclusion that perhaps HE had different words for me to write or perhaps I needed to re-learn what I had written before He would let me put them to paper. However, I have since been thinking about how often our words are lost.
So, often in our haste, we miss the message God is trying to say and the Word is lost. It is not saved or hidden in our hearts, as it should be so that it can be recalled. It isn’t stored in the correct file, so that we can open it up and let it be read and re-read in the way we live our lives. Words are often lost, because they aren’t saved.
Words need to be saved. Whether you journal them, read them, write them or memorize them-words lost are wasted. Don’t waste your words…or HIS.

Ps 119:11-16
11 Thy word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against Thee.
12 Blessed art Thou, O LORD; teach me Thy statutes.
13 With my lips I have told of all the ordinances of Thy mouth.
14 I have rejoiced in the way of Thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate on Thy precepts, and regard Thy ways.
16 I shall delight in Thy statutes; I shall not forget Thy word.
ALL FOR YOU

No comments: