Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Doxa-surrender

I have often wondered why the Lord allows difficutly. My mom used to call these days Bubblegum days. You know, days where everything is going wrong and then you step in bubblegum-which would normally be nothing more than an aggravation-but on this day it totally cause you to flip out. Then I realized that the reason for Bubblegum days is so that we can remember to give up. On days like those, I just want to give up and stop being me. I just want to give in and quit trying so hard. but isn't that exactly what the Father wants...us to give up, surrender and quit trying and simply allow Him the freedom to work in our lives. I have come to the conclusion that bubble gum days are meant so that we will be reminded of the state in which we are to live everyday....a state of surrender

No comments: