Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Promised Lands

I dream of a place of quiet rest, rolling hills, a place to relax...a place that I call home. I dream of a place where the fruit of our labor is great and abundant. I dream of place where His glory outshines the sun. I dream of a PROMISED LAND-a land full of hope, dreams and goodness. But sometimes, on hard days, I do wonder if that place is a dream. Fortunately, today is NOT one of those days. Today is a day that I am reminded that to get to the Promised Land, the wasteland must be endured. In order to enter the PROMISED LAND, the wilderness must be traversed. Promised Lands are great, but the journey there is never easy. In fact, God reminded Joshua as he led the people to the PROMISED LAND, to be strong and courageous-to not fear! Why? because there would be things along the way that would cause fear and discouragement. And even upon arrival, they had to dispossess the land of the Giants that lived there before they could inhabit the land. So I may be chasing the dream of a PROMISED LAND-but on this journey I must remember to be strong and courageous, to not fear or be discouraged, to endure the wasteland, to fight off those things that would threaten my Promised Land....but most of all to TRUST the God that PROMSIED THE LAND and yearn for Him as much as it! ALL FOR YOU

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really awesome blog!! I bet you love drinking coffee and talking about the word with a friend too.