Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Cravings

Ever had a craving...for food, fun or fellowship? I do...I crave chocolate. In fact, as I sit here, I could sure go for and Icey Mocah-the perfect combination of my 2 favorites, coffee and chocolate. Cravings can be good or bad thing, depending on what you crave. However, there is one thing I have learned. You crave only what you KNOW. I don't crave beer....cause I don't drink. And I don't crave tomato sandwiches because I don't eat them. I crave what I have had and what I like. If this is true...then we need to be careful what we allow our flesh to experience because we could start craving things that we shouldn't. This is why we struggle with the flesh and sin....because we allow ourselves to be tempted to taste or experience things we should not and then we crave those things. At that point...the battle is on. What are you craving...it is what you have been feeding your flesh? If you are struggling with what you crave-start feeding your flesh things of the Lord-so your body will begin to crave those things instead. I want an icey mocha, but I also want to spend time with the Lord today-I crave that...because I feed my flesh what I want to crave! Start having some good cravings for a change! Taste and see that the Lord is good...and then CRAVE that! ALL FOR YOU

No comments: